Apply to Prep
Before beginning the application process, please read the program information where you will find details about fees, scholarship opportunties, and what to expect at Prep.
Apply to prep
One week • July 4–11, 2021
Ages 8–17, pedal or lever harp
You are applying to the one-week Prep program for lever and pedal harpists ages 8–17. To apply to the two-week YAHS program, visit this page.
how to apply
To apply to PREP, first create an account on the Harp Seminar website, then submit the following materials no later than March 15, 2021:
- Online application form. Students should complete this application yourself, answering the questions in your own words.
- Teacher Recommendation (see link to left)
- $75 non-refundable application fee ($100 for students residing outside of the U.S. and Canada) submitted online through Paypal. (Note: The application fee will be refunded only if a student is not accepted to the Prep program. The application fee is transferable to the YAHS program.)
Your application is not complete until we have received all the materials listed above. We encourage you to submit the application and application fee as soon as possible to help with our planning. Applications received after March 15 may be considered on a space-available basis. Applications received after March 15 may be considered on a space-available basis. Ask your teacher to visit this website and submit the Teacher Recommendation Form by March 15. Your application will not be complete until we receive your teacher recommendation. Please include one primary email where we can send important information about the seminar; most communication will be sent via e-mail.
Enrollment is limited. Upon acceptance, students will have access to the Student Information Center, which provides comprehensive details about what to bring to the seminar and how to prepare. Do not purchase airline tickets until you have been notified of your acceptance to the seminar. Most communication with students, including acceptance letters, will be done via e-mail, so please be sure to include accurate e-mail addresses that you check regularly for both parent and student on your application form.
How to apply for a Prep scholarship
PREP is pleased to offer several partial scholarships. Scholarships are awarded based on both merit and need and typically range from $100 to $350, depending on funds available each year. No full scholarships are available. All scholarship requests and materials are due by March 15, 2021. Scholarship recipients will be notified upon acceptance to the program if any money has been awarded.
Applicants who have applied to the Prep proram in full, including application fee and teacher recommendation by the March 15, 2021 deadline, may also apply for scholarship assistance using this form. Only students who have applied to the program in full will be considered for a scholarship. Please also submit:
Submit a recording of a solo demonstrating your current level of ability.
Your video essay should be no longer than two minutes and should describe why you are requesting a scholarship. Video essays should be uploaded as a private link to YouTube that will only be shared with us. Please include the following:
- Introduce yourself; name, age and harp background
- Tell us why you want to come to the PREP division of the Young Artist’s Harp Seminar.
- Tell us three things you love about playing the harp.
- Tell us how financial assistance in the form of a scholarship to PREP would be of value to your family.