Apply to YAHS
YAHS Application info
Before beginning the application process, please read the program information where you will find details about fees, scholarship opportunties, and what to expect at YAHS.
Submit YAHS Teacher Recommendation
(Submit this form to recommend your student for the two-week YAHS program for pedal harp. To recommend a student for the one-week Prep program for lever or pedal harp, please use this form.)
Thank you for encouraging your student to attend the Young Artist’s Harp Seminar! For their application to be considered, we need you to submit this teacher recommendation form no later than March 15.
Helping your student prepare for YAHS
To fully benefit from their intensive harp study at the Young Artist’s Harp Seminar, students are expected to come prepared with the following materials:
- Two recital pieces ready to perform. (Memorization of recital pieces is strongly encouraged, but not mandatory.)
- At least one additional solo piece in progress
- Two prepared orchestral excerpts
- At least one additional orchestral excerpt in progress
- Preparation of harp ensemble music. (A comprehensive list of music to purchase and part assignments will be sent well in advance of the seminar.)
We appreciate your support in helping your student meet these preparation goals. Please contact us if you have any questions about these preparation requirements. For examples of the kind of solo pieces and orchestral excerpts students play at YAHS, please see the YAHS music requirements.
This form is currently closed for submissions.