Apply to YAHS
YAHS Application info
Before beginning the application process, please read the program information where you will find details about fees, scholarship opportunties, and what to expect at YAHS.
Apply to YAHS
JULy 6–July 20, 2024
You are applying to the two-week YAHS program for pedal harpists ages 12–26. To apply to the one-week Prep program, visit this page.
Guidelines for submitting your YAHS audition recording
Audition recordings are required of:
- Applicants who have never attended YAHS:
- Any applicant applying for a scholarship, including former students:
Submit the following materials in MP3 format:
New students: two contrasting solos.
YAHS Scholarship: two contrasting pieces, one orchestra excerpt, one etude, one video essay.
Siochi Scholarship: two contrasting pieces, one orchestra excerpt, one etude, one video essay, financial statement.
Do’s and Don’ts of Auditions
- DO Submit an audition if you are a new YAHS Program applicant or are applying for a scholarship.
- DON’T submit an audition if you are a returning student who does not plan on applying for a scholarship. We don’t need this from you.
- DO submit your auditions as an MP3 recording.
- DON’T submit videos or YouTube links.
- DO submit recordings that demonstrate your current level with music from the standard solo classical harp repertoire.
- DON’T submit music from jazz or pop genres for your audition.
- DO contact our team if you have any questions.